Pathways Learning Experience
We are excited about this modern, enhanced education program, which is set to roll out in our District on May 15, 2018. It’s a journey of possibilities. Pathways features online learning, cutting-edge content, interactive tools, strong mentoring and evaluation components, and a multitude of options. Exciting learning paths include Motivational Strategies, Presentation Mastery and Effective Coaching. In Pathways, members can learn nearly 300 competencies—practical skills that are transferable to the world outside Toastmasters. We believe you’re going to love it.
You have plenty of time to finish your current manual or award or even a DTM. So keep working on those Triple Crowns and earn the beautiful trophy District Director Anna Kaufman picked out for us.
The Pathways information page at Toastmasters.org is regularly updated with new information. Check back often!
Pathways Paths and Core Competencies
- ● Except for DTM, old recognition will discontinue. Anything you have earned you will keep BUT there is no equivalency between current and future recognition. You will not be able to “transfer credit”, e.g. a CC is not equivalent to a level 2.
- ● New recognition comes after each of the five levels of a pathway: “My Learning Path” Level 1, “My Learning Path” Level 2, “My Learning Path” Level 3, “My Learning Path” Level 4, “My Learning Path” Proficient (level 5).
● Distinguished Club Program has been established for the 6 educational goals
- 2 CC or 4 Level 1
- 2 CC or 2 Level 2
- 1 AC or 2 Level 2
- 1 AC or 2 Level 3
- 1 Leadership/DTM or 1 Level 4
- 1 Leadership/DTM or 1 Level 5
● During the 2 year transition, any 6 of the 12 choices will fulfill DCP goals 1-6.
Path to Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
● Complete 2 Pathways
● Leadership Requirements:
○ Serve as a club officer for 12 months (current requirement is six months)
○ Serve as Club Mentor or Coach
○ Serve as Club Sponsor or conduct Speechcraft or Youth Leadership Program
○ Serve as a district officer for one year
● Capstone (reflection project)
● Each Pathway has either an HPL or equivalent extended project, so a DTM will do the equivalent of 2 HPLs as part of the pathways, but not separately.
● Members will have 2 years from our District’s rollout to achieve DTM in the current educational program.