Pathways rolls on!
Pathways is now live in a second pilot district, District 27 (DC Area). The third pilot district, District 51 (Malaysia) is scheduled for mid-May, and the first region, Region 14 (SE Asia) is scheduled for late July. Region 9 (New England plus New York and a bit of Canada) including District 31 are still scheduled for 2018.
A new document Pathways Paths and Projects Catalog is now available. This document contains descriptions for all the projects. You can click on the path or project to move through the document. To reverse use Alt-back arrow.
The Ambassador Team will be available at the District 31 Spring Conference. Stop by our information table in the lobby, or attend the Saturday afternoon break-out session.
The Pathways information page at Toastmasters.org is regularly updated with new information. Check back often.
April 26, 2017
The Pathways roll out has begun!
Pathways went live in the first pilot district, District 57 (northern CA), on February 1st and already 4 Pathways education awards have been given. We continue to hear great information from District 57. Take a look at a real Pathways project in this video:
The Pathways information page at Toastmasters.org is updated with new information regularly. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and peruse the new Icebreaker! And for information on all the Paths, download this document:
I hope to see you at the District 31 Spring Conference May 12th and 13th where we will have the latest information.
March 17, 2017
Happy New Year District 31 Toastmasters!
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience.will roll out in District 31 fall 2017, but we can start getting ready for it now. Here is a sneak peek at Pathways!
Step one to get ready for Pathways is to make sure you can log in to www.toastmasters.org as this will be the home for Pathways. If you have never logged in to www.toastmasters.org , your user name is the email Toastmasters has on file, and you can request a password reset on the login page www.toastmasters.org/Login . If you have trouble, contact email@example.com. If you have been a club or division officer and you have used Club Central or Division Central, your login credentials are the same. Start now and explore the web site. Find Pathways Learning Experience information under the Resources tab and learn a little more.
Check back here for new information as it is released.
December 30, 2016
Welcome to Toastmasters Pathways! (REP)
Introducing the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience! An experience that sets you on your journey of personal and professional development.
- REP is renamed Toastmasters Pathways, based on a Toastmasters “journey”
- The LMS (learning management system) is named Base Camp.
- Each of the 10 learning paths on the bulls-eye chart has been given a specific name
- Motivational Strategies
- Presentation Mastery
- Leadership Development
- Innovative Planning
- Visionary Communication
- Strategic Relationships
- Dynamic Leadership
- Persuasive Influence
- Effective Coaching
- Team Collaboration
- Except for DTM, old recognition will discontinue. Anything you have earned you will keep BUT there is no equivalency between current and future recognition. You will not be able to “transfer credit”, e.g. a CC is not equivalent to a level 2.
- New recognition comes after each of the five levels of a pathway: “My Learning Path” Level 1, “My Learning Path” Level 2, “My Learning Path” Level 3, “My Learning Path” Level 4, “My Learning Path” Proficient (level 5)
- DCP has been established for the 6 educational goals
- 2 CC or 4 Level 1
- 2 CC or 2 Level 2
- 1 AC or 2 Level 2
- 1 AC or 2 Level 3
- 1 Leadership/DTM or 1 Level 4
- 1 Leadership/DTM or 1 Level 5
- During the 2 year transition, any 6 of the 12 choices will fulfill DCP goals 1-6.
Path to DTM
- Complete 2 pathways
- Leadership requirements
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months (current requirement is six months)
- Serve as Club Mentor or Coach
- Serve as Club Sponsor or conduct Speechcraft or Youth Leadership Program
- Serve as a district officer for one year
- Capstone (reflection project)
- Each pathway has either an HPL or equivalent extended project, so a DTM will do the equivalent of 2 HPLs as part of the pathways, but not separately.
- Begins 1/1/2017 with 3 pilot districts, pilot lasts up to 3 months
- Once the pilot is stable, there will be 8 subsequent roll out groups by regions.
- May take all of 2017, but will speed up rollout if possible.
DISTRICT 31 IS IN THE VERY LAST ROLLOUT GROUP. We probably won’t start before the 2017-2018 Toastmaster year.
- Members will have 2 years from OUR rollout to finish current award system.
- Will begin 60 days before rollout for each rollout group.
- e-Learning based.
- Different levels of training for different groups (e.g. District Leaders vs Club Officers vs Members).
- New Volunteer group “Pathway Guides”. “Expert” local support for clubs.