2022 Spring Contests
All contests at the District, Division, and Area levels in District 31 will be conducted online in the 2021-2022 program year. Club contests may be held in-person or online, at the discretion of the club.
District 31 will be conducing the International Speech Contest and Evaluation Contest at the Area, Division, and District levels in 2021-2022. Club contests for International and Evaluation will advance to the Area level, and must comply by the contest rulebook. Club that do not choose to hold a contest may still appoint one club representative to compete in the Area contest for each of the International and Evaluation contests.
Club Level contests should be held before February 15, 2022
Area contests will be held between February 21 and March 12, 2022
Division contests will be held between March 14 and March 31, 2022
District contests will be held at CLCON between May 7 – May 14, 2022
Check the District calendar for dates, times, and registration info, which will be updated by early January.
International Speech Contest
Contestants observe a five-to seven-minute test speech and then present a two-to three-minute evaluation of the test speech.
Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division, district levels.
Clubs can conduct contests in other contest types — Humorous, Table Topics, or Tall Tales — that will not advance beyond the club, and do not have to fully comply with the contest rulebook (ie: allowing members of other clubs or District officers to compete, etc.) These contests are run completely at the club level, however we are happy to list them as special club events on the District calendar if they are open to visitors from other clubs — please share info with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Information
- Conducting Quality Speech Contests
- 2021-2022 Contest Rulebook
- Planning 2022 Speech Contests (Guide for Area & Division Directors)
- 2022 Speech Contest Scripts (for International and Evaluation contests)
- Speech Contest Tutorials
- Speech Contest FAQs
- Zoom Master Script for 2022 Speech Contests
- Contest Chair: Briefing the Contestants, Sergeants-at-Arms, and the Toastmaster.
- Chief Judge: Briefing the Counters, Timers and Judges
- Online Contest: Judges Ballot Working File Master
- Online Contest: Ballot Counter Tally Sheet Master
- TLI December 2021 – Speech Contests Worksheet
- TLI December 2021 – Contest Training Slides
Download for free or order hard copies from Toastmasters International
- Evaluation Speech Contest Kit
- Humorous Speech Contest Kit
- Table Topics Speech Contest Kit
- International Speech Contest Kit
Sample Contest Agenda
Promoting Your Contest!
- Create a Speech Contest Flyer for your club.
- Tell everyone about your upcoming speech contest with a press release