2022 Spring Contests
All contests at the District, Division, and Area levels in District 31 will be conducted online in the 2021-2022 program year. Club contests may be held in-person or online, at the discretion of the club.
District 31 will be conducing the International Speech Contest and Evaluation Contest at the Area, Division, and District levels in 2021-2022. Club contests for International and Evaluation will advance to the Area level, and must comply by the contest rulebook. Club that do not choose to hold a contest may still appoint one club representative to compete in the Area contest for each of the International and Evaluation contests.
International Speech Contest
Contestants observe a five-to seven-minute test speech and then present a two-to three-minute evaluation of the test speech.
Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division, district levels.
Clubs can conduct contests in other contest types — Humorous, Table Topics, or Tall Tales — that will not advance beyond the club, and do not have to fully comply with the contest rulebook (ie: allowing members of other clubs or District officers to compete, etc.) These contests are run completely at the club level, however we are happy to list them as special club events on the District calendar if they are open to visitors from other clubs — please share info with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Information
- Conducting Quality Speech Contests
- 2021-2022 Contest Rulebook
- 2021 Speech Contest Script (pending update for 2022 contests)
- Speech Contest Tutorials
- Speech Contest FAQs
- Contest Chair: Briefing the Contestants, Sergeants-at-Arms, and the Toastmaster.
- Chief Judge: Briefing the Counters, Timers and Judges
Download for free or order hard copies from Toastmasters International
- Evaluation Speech Contest Kit
- Humorous Speech Contest Kit
- Table Topics Speech Contest Kit
- International Speech Contest Kit
Sample Contest Agenda
Promoting Your Contest!
- Create a Speech Contest Flyer for your club.
- Tell everyone about your upcoming speech contest with a press release