2020 Spring Contests
International Speech Contest
Contestants present a 5 to 7-minute speech on any subject they choose. The district finalist advances to the Toastmasters International competition.
Speech Evaluation Contest
Contestants observe a 5 to 7-minute speech test speech and then present a two-to three-minute evaluation of the test speech.
Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division, district levels.
- General Information
- Conducting Quality Speech Contests
- 2019-2020 Contest Rulebook
- Speech Contest Tutorials
- Speech Contest FAQs
- What happens if there’s a tie?
- Contest Volunteer Tracker
- Contest Chair: Briefing the Contestants, Sergeants-at-Arms, and the Toastmaster.
- Chief Judge: Briefing the Counters, Timers and Judges
- Contest Chair Speech Contest Script
Download for free or order hard copies from Toastmasters International
- Evaluation Speech Contest Kit
- Humorous Speech Contest Kit
- Table Topics Speech Contest Kit
- International Speech Contest Kit
Sample Contest Agenda
Promoting Your Contest!
- Create a Speech Contest Flyer for your club.
- Tell everyone about your upcoming speech contest with a press release